Careers With Sonablate
Case Support Specialist
The Case Support Specialists are responsible for all post-sale physician and external staff training. Specialists will develop and maintain a training program for all Sonablate proprietary technology, then perform such training for physicians, facility staff, and SPD staff, as required. The Specialists travel worldwide to provide training and support for the first three treatments performed by a new physician and will provide remote support thereafter using Sonablate’s proprietary remote case support software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain training presentations for all Sonablate proprietary technology
- Provide physician education for proper Sonablate usage, including “button-ology,” HIFU Physics, ultrasound anatomy, and vital structure recognition.
- Training will be in person for first three visits, then unlimited via remote case support software thereafter
- Train facility staff on proper device set-up and take-down procedures
- Provide simulator training to physicians
- Work with Sterile Processing Department (SPD) for training support and reprocessing requirements
- Provide HIFU case reviews to assist with understanding treatment outcomes
- Ensure all complaints and feedback are relayed to the appropriate internal stakeholders through the quality management system
- All Technical Proctors will be cross trained to at least Service Level I to be able to complete the following tasks
- Uncrate and install systems
- Install probes (both loaner probes and post-depot repair)
- Perform semi-annual preventative maintenance checks
- Basic device & probe troubleshooting
Domestic and international travel, as required to support treatments. Travel may occur on weekends or weekdays as necessary
All other duties, as assigned.
- Certification or degree as a radiology technician or ultrasonographer, required
- General understanding of FDA Quality System Regulations, ISU13485, Good clinical Practices, Good Documentation Practices, healthcare compliance, and applicable regulations and industry standards regarding regulation of medical devices, preferred
- 3 years of experience in ultrasound or 2 years in male urogenital ultrasound experience, required
- Experience in basic troubleshooting, minor repairs, and system level testing, preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Windows and Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Excellent ultrasound anatomy recognition skills, especially of the male pelvic area (urology), preferred
- Ability to travel, required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, required
Welcome to an established company, with a proven product, and a start-up feel. Sonablate Corp. was created following an acquisition of SonaCare Medical, LLC in 2021. We have designed, developed, manufactured, sold, and serviced the Sonablate HIFU ablation device for over two decades, receiving 510K de novo clearance with the FDA in 2015. The Sonablate device is cleared in more than 50 countries, including a CE Marking in the European Union and approval from the National Medical Products Administration in China.