Careers With Sonablate
The Material Specialist will coordinate the flow of materials required to meet production schedules, R&D needs and sales order requirements, in and out of the controlled inventory locations, while maintaining inventory accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure serial/ lot number traceability is maintained throughout controlled material process.
- Deliver supplies and materials to production; ensure adequate and properly identified
materials and documentation to maintain flow.
- Issue and coordinate job cards according to inventory, production and sales order needs and/or plan.
- Handle data entry to document internal movement of materials in the system; ensure that all product moved is identified by part number. Includes job cards, material requests and sales orders.
- Pull material (kit) to full-fill job cards, material requests and sales orders.
- Issue purchase requisitions to support and maintain appropriate inventory levels to support production & service.
- Maintain physical inventory; perform inventory audits to ensure correct quantities, lot/serial number traceability, and labeling and enter inventory adjustments as needed.
- Support purchasing if/as needed in quoting material and/or issuing purchase orders to suppliers.
- Support team in receiving and processing customer purchase orders if/as needed.
- Support logistics in shipping of materials if/as needed.
- Maintain assigned areas of the company quality system and related regulatory requirements.
- Assist in maintaining organization of the materials area, inventory, shipping & receiving.
- Operate pallet jack; push, pull to move material on skids/crates.
- Able to lift objects up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Follow and meet all safety and quality procedures and standards.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Associates degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in the medical device industry, or other regulated industry, preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- General proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience in Production Planning/Scheduling preferred.
- Experience working with an MRP/ERP system. For example; Microsoft Dynamics, SAP,
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, and sit for extended periods of time as well as reach & lift heavy objects.
Welcome to an established company, with a proven product, and a start-up feel. Sonablate Corp. was created following an acquisition of SonaCare Medical, LLC in 2021. We have designed, developed, manufactured, sold, and serviced the Sonablate HIFU ablation device for over two decades, receiving 510K de novo clearance with the FDA in 2015. The Sonablate device is cleared in more than 50 countries, including a CE Marking in the European Union and approval from the National Medical Products Administration in China.