Careers With Sonablate
VP, QUALITY ASSURANCES AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS
Are you self-motivated? Excited by working in smaller teams where the opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is presented?
Come help us change the standard of care!
Sonablate develops non- and minimally invasive medical devices aimed at changing the way urological diseases are treated. More than 25,000 men have benefited from our products, using our patented high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) technology.
As the Vice President of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs (VP, QA/RA), you will be a part of Sonablate's executive team with the primary responsibility of building and maintaining Sonablate's Quality Systems. This role is strategically important for the success of Sonablate’s commercialization goals, ensuring continuous improvement and high-quality products enter emerging, regulated, and clinical global markets.
You will serve as the subject matter expert to the executive team and provide guidance in areas related to quality, compliance, regulations, and clinical documentation for global registration. By working closely with the leaders of the company across all departments, this position will introduce and lead transformational efforts for improving product quality and driving a culture of quality throughout the company.
This role is ideally suited to a candidate who is self-motivated and excited by a start-up environment where the opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is presented.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and overall success of the company’s quality and regulatory programs and strategies; including articulating quality standards and objectives, developing methods to embed quality into the product development and manufacturing processes, establishing vendor relationships and quality standards, and developing and implementing innovative programs to focus employees on improving product quality
- Develop, implement, and support a comprehensive regulatory compliance strategy to meet global market requirements for Sonablate’s products and ensure alignment with Sonablate’s overall business strategy
- Proactively partner with R&D, Marketing, and other groups to provide regulatory advice and guidance on meeting the necessary requirements to place products on global markets
- Ensure that regulated processes and systems in Sonablate are always inspection-ready
- Oversee the performance of internal and external audits
- Review, edit, and maintain all departmental policies and procedures, including trainings, CAPAs, ECRs, and ECNs
- Oversee the development of employees, talent, processes, and technology necessary to reach annual and long-term objectives as the organizational leader for the QA/RA functions
- Serve as PRRC
- Other team projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in a science or engineering field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in QA/RA leadership roles
- Experience in Class I and II medical devices/systems
- Proficiency with ISO 13485, Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and Quality System Inspection Techniques (QSIT)
- Extensive experience hosting regulatory inspections and interacting with regulators
- Strong understanding of global registration requirements and demonstrated track record of successful market access. Experience with NMPA in China a plus
- Experience with computer software validation (CSV) and implementation for QMS and ERP software packages, including user requirements gathering and specification development, process workflow documentation, validation scriptwriting, and IQ/OQ/PQ test case execution
- Solid understanding of ICH, cGMP, cGDP, FDA, ISO, MDR, Healthcare compliance and applicable regulations, and industry standards regarding clinical research and regulation of medical devices
- Effective leader with the ability to mentor and develop members of the QA/RA teams through coaching and effective performance management
- Proven ability to create a culture of accountability and ownership
Welcome to an established company, with a proven product, and a start-up feel. Sonablate Corp. was created following an acquisition of SonaCare Medical, LLC in 2021. We have designed, developed, manufactured, sold, and serviced the Sonablate HIFU ablation device for over two decades, receiving 510K de novo clearance with the FDA in 2015. The Sonablate device is cleared in more than 50 countries, including a CE Marking in the European Union and approval from the National Medical Products Administration in China.
Sonablate Corp. has two offices: one in Charlotte, NC and the other in Indianapolis, IN as well as remote employees spread out across the country.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please apply!