SUPPLIER CONTROL ENGINEER
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong supplier relationships to improve the quality performance of supplied materials and services This includes reviewing engineering and manufacturing specifications, monitoring materials for any defects, and resolving quality issues. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent analytical and technical skills with strong attention to detail. A top-notch Supplier Quality Engineer should have excellent communication and problem-solving skills and an eye for supply quality control.
· Review design and manufacturing specifications to identify the quality metrics of materials and services needed for production
· Research, source, and assess supplier capabilities to assist engineering and manufacturing in selecting the best supplier
· Visit vendor facilities and observe the manufacturing environment to review and assess their procedures
· Perform regular quality control audits to ensure suppliers continue to work in compliance with company and federal standards
· Review, monitor, and analyze incoming supplies and products from vendors to check for defects and ensure quality
· Conduct tests and assessments on products to validate quality metrics and identify new supplier performance capabilities
· Maintain detailed reports on supplier quality, including performance trending and defect rates
· Provide technical advice and guidance to suppliers to improve quality and implement corrective action when needed
· Serve as liaison between supplier’s quality management and internal stakeholders to identify quality issues and come up with solutions
· All other duties, as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or logistics
· Proven experience in manufacturing and in securing vendor contracts
· Excellent statistical analysis and quality assurance skills
· In-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of manufacturing and engineering
· Good working knowledge of quality control standards and government compliance
· Experience with manufacturing and production processes and engineering principles
· Ability to provide guidance to improve process efficiency
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Certification from American Society for Quality, preferred
Welcome to an established company, with a proven product, and a start-up feel. Sonablate Corp. was created following an acquisition of SonaCare Medical, LLC in 2021. We have designed, developed, manufactured, sold, and serviced the Sonablate HIFU ablation device for over two decades, receiving 510K de novo clearance with the FDA in 2015. The Sonablate device is cleared in more than 50 countries, including a CE Marking in the European Union and approval from the National Medical Products Administration in China.
Sonablate Corp. has two offices: one in Charlotte, NC and the other in Indianapolis, IN as well as remote employees spread out across the country. We stay focused by having monthly town hall meetings, tracking our progress toward annual goals, and passing all new projects through a rigorous vetting by our prioritization committee. We strive for transparency and clear communication throughout the company and look for candidates that want to dive in, effect change, and challenge us to become the best version of ourselves.
Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, bonus plans, and an employee stock option plan. Additionally, the company pays for 90% of the employee’s healthcare benefits, which are effective the first of the month following your first day on the job. We offer flexible working schedules for our hourly employees and a work-from-home policy for our salaried ones. We believe in giving our employees autonomy, mastery, and purpose and enjoy low turnover due to that philosophy.
Sonablate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer